Nzuri Hemp Revive and Restore Mega Moisturizing Conditioner
Shampoo Ingredients:Aqua (Water), Sodium Methyl-2 Sulfolaurate, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Cetyl Betaine, Lauryl Lactyl Lactate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Linium Usitatissium (Flax) Extract, Panthenol, Glycol Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Juniperus virginiana Oil, Origanum majorana (Sweet Marjoram) Leaf Oil, Boswellia carterii Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rosemary ct. Verbenone, Carrot Root, Sea Buckthorn, Widcrafter Green Myrtle Oil, Sage, Evening Primrose and Rosehip.
Conditioner Ingredients: Deionized Water, Glycerine, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Konium Chloride, Dimethyl Stearamine, Glycerol Distearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Castor Isostearate Succinate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomile), Cyclopentasiloxane, Distearyldimonium Chloride , Lactic Acid, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol (Optiphen®).
A brief history on why we use the oils we do:
Olive Oil - Using olive oil for hair growth may not be as popular as other oils such as coconut oil or castor oil, however it can be surprising to note that this oil can be just as effective in preventing hair loss and promoting growth of new hair.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair Growth
The oil works in a number of ways to promote the growth of new hair and prevent hair loss. Below are some facts why this happens:
• Anti-bacterial action – One of the causes of hair loss is hair infection caused by bacteria and fungi. The oil contains anti-bacterial properties that effectively wash away these harmful microorganisms, therefore preventing hair infections and consequent hair loss. Another reason for hair fall is the use of chemicals on the hair due to hair treatments such as dyeing or relaxing. These chemicals can weaken the hair roots. When the oil is applied on the scalp, the anti-fungal nature of the oil can help minimize the chemical damage and promote healthy hair.
•Prevents Dihydrotestosterone or DHT Formation – The hormone DHT actually has a detrimental effect on the scalp. The formation of DHT can decrease the size of the hair follicle cells making the hair that comes out of it either very thin or nonexistent. Regular application of olive oil to the scalp can help prevent formation of DHT, thus preventing hair loss and promoting the healthy growth of hair follicles and hair.
• Provides Nutrients for Hair Growth – Finally, olive oil is rich in nutrients that promote the growth and strength of existing and growing hairs. It is rich in vitamin E, niacin, Vitamin D and Biotin. When the oil is applied to the scalp, the roots of the hair absorb these beneficial nutrients, making the hair healthier, more durable and thicker.
Coconut Oil – Coconut oil for hair growth is one of nature’s remedies to make hair more beautiful and pliant. The oil is most popularly used in tropical areas such as Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Sri Lanka. The oil has been used for its benefits for the hair for ages because of its components that improves the condition of the hair.
Properties of Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
• Lauric Acid – One of the reasons for hair fall is the accumulation of bacteria and microbes that cause hair infection. The lauric acid in coconut oil is an effective antimicrobial agent that rids the scalp of unwanted bacteria. Lauric acid is a triglyceride that gives off a monoglyceride called monolaurin that has excellent antimicrobial properties.
• Capric Acid – This is another triglyceride present in coconut oil that gives of a monoglyceride called monocaprin. This works just as well as monolaurin in preventing bacterial accumulation on the scalp.
• Emollient – Just like other oils, coconut oil has emollient properties that help lock in moisture in the hair shaft. This keeps the hair and scalp from becoming dry, thus preventing hair breakage and hair fall
Castor Oil - The oil has been used for its medicinal benefits ever since the Ancient Egyptians, however, using castor oil for hair growth was only popularized when the oil reached Jamaica via the African slave trade. The natives processed the oil and used it on their hair where they noticed that applying the oil caused their hair to grow thicker, shinier and more pliant. Thus Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth was born.
Properties of Black Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Like all other types of oil, castor oil is an emollient that helps moisturize the hair and scalp. It is also a rich source of omega 9 fatty acids which keeps the hair moisturized and prevents the scalp from drying. Because the moisture is trapped within the hair, this makes the hair shaft less prone to damage and breakage. This also keeps the hair shiny and durable.
But how will using castor oil for hair growth aid in the regeneration of hair? The answer lies in one of its fatty acid components called ricinoleic acid. This is a triglyceride with unique antibacterial and antifungal properties which keep harmful bacteria away from the hair and scalp. It is said that hair loss can sometimes be caused by hair infections which are promoted by bacteria. Since the microbes will be kept away by the castor oil, this prevents hair fall. Aside from that, the oil can also rejuvenate hair follicle producing cells, promoting the growth of new hair.
Nzuri’s Moisturizing Conditioner contains Meadowfoam Seed Oil.
Meadowfoam is an herbaceous winter annual plant native to the pacific Northwest region of the United States. Meadowfoam Seed Oil was developed to replace sperm whale oil in the 1970s. Despite its high molecular weight, Meadowfoam Oil remains liquid at room temperature. The oil from the Meadowfoam plant is recognized for its outstanding oxidative stability. It is unique in that it contains over 98% fatty acids that have over 20 carbon atoms.
Meadowfoam Seed Oil is said to moisturize the skin and hair better than most oils, and it helps prevent moisture loss. In shampoos and hair care products, it helps add shine and moisture to the hair and scalp.
Pollution, seasonal changes, oiliness of the scalp and water conditions can affect performance of your conditioner. Safe for permanent and colored hair and a saviour from heavy chlorinated pools, salt water or frizzied conditions from a blow drier.